12.27.2008

Missing Rich

I spent a good amount of time last night and today loading about 100 of my favorite CDs on my Mac. I loaded several Rich Mullins albums and have been listening quite a bit to his music since. I used to listen to Rich just about non-stop and haven't listened quite as much over the last 5 years.

Rich Mullins' music is just simply timeless. It still sounds as great and powerful as it did the first time. Jamie and I are such big fans of Rich that we even named our son after him - Isaiah Mullins Myers. I don't know of any other person who's words have shaped me spiritually as much as Rich. It's been 11 years since his death and I still miss him. One of the biggest reasons I can't wait to get to heaven is to end this long streak of no new songs from Rich. I'm sure he's written some great ones since his arrival!

Below is one of his best songs, Hold Me Jesus, followed by Rich talking about the type of legacy he hoped to leave. Powerful stuff.


No comments: