12.12.2008

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Jamie and I saw The Boy in the Striped Pajamas tonight at the Varsity Theatre in Davis.  First of all, this was my first experience at the Varsity. It's a great old theatre with very comfy seats!

The movie was wonderful. It was a hard story to watch but one I'm glad I went to see. It tells the story of a boy whose father is an SS soldier in charge of a concentration camp and his friendship with a Jewish boy in his father's camp. It really does a great job of painting a picture of who the Germans were I think. That's the most fascinating thing to me about Nazi Germany. This wasn't so much a nation of evil people, but a nation of patriotic people who were duped into believing their evil actions were in the best interest of their nation. Hitler didn't appeal to their sinful nature; he appealed to their sense of patriotism.

Anyway, this movie is definitely worth seeing if you get the chance.

No comments: