12.16.2008

God-ordained Meetings

I love it when I'm surprised by a God-ordained meeting. I met a new Living Hoper for breakfast this morning and, what I thought was going to be great eggs, turned into so much more.

Last night I was laying in bed planning what I would order at Denny's - 3 eggs over-easy, wheat toast, oatmeal. For some reason that sounded really good to me. I could hardly wait. When I got there this morning, I ordered it (upgraded to 4 eggs). Couldn't wait to dig in!

We were joined by another person who is going through some serious hurt in his life right now. The food I got from talking to these guys and sharing some encouragement with them was far tastier than the eggs (and they were pretty darn tasty).

I love it when God turns the ordinary into something extraordinary!

No comments: