3.17.2009

Tube (over the) Top

I was thinking this morning about how much TV I watch currently. I added it up and I currently watch 21 different shows per week (most 1 hr shows). Those are the regular ones that I DVR. That's not including the incidental ones that I watch if bored or shows like Dr. Phil and Oprah that I get sucked into because Jamie's watching.

That seemed pretty excessive to me, so I decided to trim it down to 7 shows per week. I'm challenging Jamie and the kids to do the same, but not forcing the issue. This will hopefully add 12-14 hours to my week that I could spend doing more productive things. Time with the family, church folk, time exercising, reading, strategizing, devotional time, cooking, cleaning, repairing, going to bed earlier,... It's exciting to think about all the extra available time!

So here's my list of shows that I'm keeping for now:
  • Lost
  • Heroes
  • American Idol
  • The Biggest Loser
  • Kings
  • Law & Order: SVU
  • The Office
And here's my list of shows that are getting the axe for now. Some of these were hard because I really like most of them:
  • Celebrity Apprentice
  • Life on Mars
  • Survivor
  • Globe Trekker
  • Rick Steves Europe
  • Austin City Limits
  • Medium
  • Law & Order
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • Supernanny
  • Shatner's Raw Nerve
  • Howie Do It
  • House
  • The Simpsons
Some of my favorites I'll probably get to catch in re-runs during the summer when a few of my keepers are finished for the season.

No comments: