3.27.2009

Acts 11-16

I love the book of Acts so much! It's inspiring and exciting and makes me so grateful for these incredible trail-blazers whom we owe so much. I hope I can someday have half the boldness of the apostle Paul! He's amazing. Bold in his faith. Bold with authorities. Bold with confrontation.

I love in Acts 13 when Paul is reaching out to the Greeks that he indicates that their original target was the Jews. But when they rejected the gospel, they started focusing on those who weren't rejecting it. It's a great reminder that we shouldn't let OUR plans get in the way of GOD'S plans!

Acts 13:46 (ESV)
And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold we are turning to the Gentiles."

No comments: