3.24.2009

Angels & Demons

I read this book Friday on my day off. This was the first fiction book I've read in a while. It was so good I finished it all in one day. I seriously couldn't put it down!

Angels & Demons is a Dan Brown book. Brown also wrote The Da Vinci Code which is the sequel to A&D. This is a much, much better book than Da Vinci Code (even though it was pretty good...just completely ridiculous). The action literally starts on page 1 and doesn't let up until the end. I really enjoy Brown's writing style. He writes in short scenes. Chapters are usually only a few pages long and always leave you wanting more. You can literally see the movie playing in your head while you're reading.

It really focuses on the issue of religion vs. science and most of the action centers around the Vatican. It's intriguing, suspenseful, intelligent, and everything else you want in a good murder mystery.

I'll be using this book in my Summer Reading Strikes Back sermon series to explore whether or not faith and science can coexist. I highly recommend this book, but it does have some pretty graphic violence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably have, but read "Inherit the Wind" if you haven't. Or else watch the old film. It's ideal material for any discussion on science and religion.

- Josh