3.02.2009

1 & 2 Thessalonians + 1 Year

Wow! Is there a more encouraging passage in the Bible? Paul loves the Thessalonian church so much. This is the passage that stuck with me:

2 Thessalonians 3:1 (ESV)
Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you,...

This is my prayer for Living Hope Church! That God's Word would speed ahead of us and begin to turn up the soil of people's hearts so that when our time for planting seeds comes, they are ready to hear the message. I love knowing that often God goes ahead of us and prepares the way! Awesome!
------------------------------
On a side note, this last Sunday marked one year of service at Living Hope Church for our family. LHC, I can't tell you all how proud I am to be your pastor. To serve with a church that really "gets it" is incredible! Personally, the last year was the most fulfilling of my life. We have always tried to follow God's lead in and out of various ministries, but for the first time ever, I feel completely in the center of God's will. Thank you all for being patient with me, for loving on my family, for all your encouraging words, for getting behind our leadership and inviting your friends/family along for the ride, and for being a truly authentic body of believers who live their faith in good times and in bad, in valleys and victories, and in a way that I believe makes our Father proud. I love you all and I look forward to many, many more years of Kingdom-building with you here in Dixon and around the world.

1 down, 30+ to go!

No comments: