3.03.2009

Galatians

Oh, man! I wish I would have read this little epistle everyday while I was growing up. I hate legalism so much and, unfortunately, it set me back years in my faith development. Several verses stuck out to me and one theme.

Galatians 2:4-5 (ESV)
Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in -- who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery -- to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

Galatians 4:6-7 (ESV)
And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

Galatians 5:1 (ESV)
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

When we allow others to force legalism on us, we give up our freedom in Christ and offer ourselves up to be slaves. How stupid is that?! Follow God's Word and don't let anyone else add to it. Live free!

No comments: