3.23.2009

Summer Reading Strikes Back!

Last summer I preached a series called Summer Reading where I used 4 popular books to preach on some different themes. I had so much fun with that last year that I decided to bring it back again in July. The series will be called Summer Reading Strikes Back! (It was either that or Summer Reading 2: Electric Boogaloo.) I'm getting excited about this one already. I wanted to give you Living Hopers a heads-up about this in case you wanted to start reading ahead.

The four books we'll be covering are:
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown - This is a great novel that will give us a chance to talk about faith and science. This movie is releasing in May and the book's by the same author who wrote The Da Vinci Code.
  • Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson - Probably my favorite book I read last year. We'll be using this one to discuss the Holy Spirit.
  • The Shack by William Young - This is an extremely popular and somewhat contraversial book. We could go in several different directions with this so I'm still undecided on the specific topic.
  • Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss - We'll use this classic to talk about God's will for our lives.

No comments: