3.31.2009

Leadership & Tunnel Vision

I'm amazed at how easy it is to get "negative" tunnel vision as a leader. I've observed it in other leaders in the past. I've seen pastors get so down on little details that they are blind to all of the incredible ways God is blessing their ministry. When you're looking in on these situations from the outside, it's like "wake up, quit being a baby and see all the amazing things God is doing!"

But I found myself having to say those words to myself today. I've allowed myself to get so stressed over a bunch of small details that I lost sight of how much God is blessing our work here at Living Hope Church. I found myself allowing my stress to depress me today. Tonight, though, I made the decision that I wasn't going to be that guy! I will not allow myself to become the princess focused  on the pea under her stack of mattresses.

God is doing too many great things here for me to allow Satan to convince me otherwise. So Satan, I've got three words for you --- GO TO HELL!

No comments: