11.08.2008

The Nightmare Before Christmas, 3-D

For Isaiah's birthday he just wanted to invite some friends out for dinner and a movie.  He wanted to go see Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D.  So that's what we did.

I have loved this movie for years.  I believe it was released in the early 90s and the animation was ground-breaking at the time, and still is in my opinion.  It's dark and creepy, funny, the music is GREAT...it's just an all-around great movie.  I've always regretted never seeing it on the big screen, though. So I was really excited about Isaiah's pick.

I wasn't disappointed.  I've seen this movie probably a hundred times, but it was like I was watching something completely different.  I think part of it was the big screen experience, but the 3-D changed everything!  The 3-D was really incredible.  The movie had so much depth.  I will say that it wasn't the greatest 3-D I've ever seen.  Today's 3-D IMAX experiences are truly a thing to behold.  The images literally come out of the screen and feel like they're right at your neck.  The 3-D in Nightmare never really jumped off the screen. Instead it felt more like looking through a window.  But it was beautiful nonetheless.  There was even depth to the lines and creases on the character's faces.  It was great!  Check it out if you get the chance.

No comments: