11.04.2008

I Choose Gratitude

I choose gratitude!

I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to take part in the process of choosing my nation's and community's leaders today instead of having a war-mongering dictator thrust upon me.

I'm so grateful that the democratic process is alive and well...whatever the outcome.

I'm so grateful that my children are growing up in a country where an African-American (or anyone else) can achieve the highest office in our land.

I'm so grateful for those who have sacrificed to secure the rights I have in this country.

I'm so grateful that even in a tough economy we are still blessed beyond what we deserve.

I'm so grateful that I was able to have a prayer meeting in my home tonight without fear of soldiers/police busting down my door and arresting me (or worse).

I'm so grateful that our new president says he has placed his faith in Jesus Christ and I commit to praying daily that the Holy Spirit will guide his policies, decisions, and future spiritual growth.

I'm so grateful that I did not hear the phrase "hanging chad" even once tonight.

------------

Father,
Guide our new leaders. Surround them with capable advisors and people who will point them toward You. Use our new leaders to bring your Kingdom into its fullness. Father, if it is in Your will continue to provide the religious freedom we enjoy in this country. But if You would be greater glorified by us losing that freedom then Your will be done. Father, I pray especially for President Obama - protect him, guide him, use him, and draw him closer to You. I pledge my allegiance to You as my King and to Your Kingdom. In Jesus name...Amen.

No comments: