10.01.2008

Fireproof

We went with some church friends to see the movie Fireproof tonight. Fireproof is a Sherwood Pictures film - the same church who brought us Facing the Giants and Flywheel.  My overall feeling about Fireproof is much the same as I felt about Facing the Giants.  It's not going to win any acting awards, but it's an absolutely incredible movie nonetheless!

Fireproof is the story of a heroic firefighter whose marriage is on the verge of divorce and his last ditch effort of taking on a 40-day "Love Dare" to attempt to save his marriage.  I wish I could drag every person in my church to see this movie.  I HIGHLY recommend it - especially if you're going through a rough patch in your marriage - but I recommend it for anyone.  Go see it while you still can! (Living Hopers: it's currently playing at Edwards Theater in Fairfield.)

2 comments:

Mookie said...

I own Facing The Giants, and thought it was a really good flick. And just in case anyone says otherwise, I was NOT overly emotionally moved....(standard guy's guy disclaimer)
Havent seen anything about the Fireproof movie showing around this area. Can't wait for it to hit DVD, I really like what they are doing (even if the acting is a little short of academy standards).

molittr said...

My wife and I drove an hour on our anniversary to see it. SOLD OUT! All Shows! Last I saw it was #4 at the Box Office this weekend! Not bad for a "limited release"