10.15.2008

I'm Doing a Great Work...

I got the opportunity to share with the local football team today. I talked to them about the importance of maintaining focus. I shared one of my favorite verses - Nehemiah 6:3. Nehemiah's enemy, Sanballat, tries to conspire against him and kill him. He tries to distract Nehemiah with a clever plot, but Nehemiah isn't fooled. He sends word back to Sanballat, "I'm doing a great work and I can't come down."

As I talked to the team about the importance of being completely focused on game night and knowing when to be focused on other things at different points in their lives, I had them chant with me, "I'M DOING A GREAT WORK!...I CAN'T COME DOWN!...I'M DOING A GREAT WORK!...I CAN'T COME DOWN!..." It gave me chills to hear them screaming that with me. Very cool moment!

I also got the chance to pray with them and with one young man in particular who has had incredibly difficult week because of a death in his immediate family. I'm so thankful to God for opening up this door of opportunity.

I need to wake up every day chanting that same thing:"I'M DOING A GREAT WORK!...I CAN'T COME DOWN!...I'M DOING A GREAT WORK!...I CAN'T COME DOWN!..."

No comments: