- It was a very busy weekend for us. Last night after the kids went to bed, Jamie and I were talking and commented on the fact that it felt like we hadn't hardly communicated or taken the time for a quick kiss in several days.
- Mollie and Isaiah performed in a play this weekend - Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. They had performances Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night, and two performances Sunday afternoon. They both did a GREAT job!
- Saturday we had a church work day. We needed to vacate a building downtown that was formerly used as a teen center/office. It may sound silly, but I stressed about this work day all week. You never know who is going to show up and I was worried we wouldn't have enough help because it was a pretty big job. I was so thankful that 15-20 people showed up and we were able to complete the job in about 4 hrs. Thanks so much to everyone who lent a hand. It felt good to get it done and I enjoyed the time with everyone!
- We had another great day at church yesterday. Several new faces, worship was great, and the sermon seemed to be well-received. I used the sermon to answer questions people had submitted about relationships, sex, divorce, and such. I thoroughly enjoyed our GODLOVESEX series! Song of Solomon is such a great book. I think I like it primarily because there's nothing else like it in the Bible.
- LHC took the time to recognize me for Pastor Appreciation Month yesterday. The elders said some nice things about me and presented me with a gift. It was really nice! It's always great to be appreciated/encouraged, but as I told them yesterday, I still feel like LHC is a bigger blessing to me than I am to them. Living Hope, you guys are a GREAT church!!! I look forward to the many, many great things that God will do in us and through us!
- We showed up yesterday afternoon at Mollie & Isaiah's final performance. Normally I bring flowers to Mollie when she performs in something. We were in a bit of a rush yesterday, so we stopped and got them both chocolates instead. When we got there, Jamie went backstage to give something to the kids and found out that some skinny punk had given Mollie flowers after the previous performance! Oh, no no no no! There was no way I was going to be shown up by a 6th grader!!! I left during the performance and went to purchase a dozen pink roses. They were awesome. Mollie really liked them, but I think she may have liked the two puny hand-picked flowers wrapped in a paper towel from the skinny punk a little better. I'm not ready for this! I hope she never dates any rich boys, or I'll go broke trying to keep up!
Monday Morning Quarterbacking
Here's the weekend that was: