5.18.2007

Gas Prices

Holy cow! Most of the gas stations that I frequent here in Lebanon went up to $3.35/gallon today. So in these tough times I thought I would repost a link that I posted about a year ago. It's GAS PRICES AT MSN AUTOS. If you type in your zip code it will list all the stations in your area and their prices (low to high). You can pretty much search anywhere in the nation. It's really a great site and most stations update daily. My Dad will drive 10 miles out of his way to save 2 cents on gas. I don't go that far, but you'll see alot of time there's a 30-40 cent difference depending on where you live. It's just good info to have.

If it makes you feel any better, Jamie and I were paying about $8/gallon in Scotland. God bless America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I am in Oregon this week. It is my first trip here and to my surprise, it is illegal to pump your own gas. Both Oregon and NJ carry this exact same law and it has been this way for some time. I was shocked to see how this works. It seems to be based upon safety issues and fairness to those with disabilities. Next thing, they will paying for someone to accompany them through the grocery store putting items into their shopping cart. This appears to add to the price when you have to cover the costs of not only the person at the register but the attendant as well. Can’t wait to get back to self-serve pay at the pump at a bit lower price, just the “arm.”

Jeff Myers said...

Ron - Have fun in Oregon. I think the pumping thing is because in NJ the gas pumpers union is controlled by the mob. The reason it's also this way in OR is because the only people moving to OR are in the witness protection program.
Jeff