- Read through the New Testament.
- Hike up to the top of Half Dome at Yosemite.
- Journal at least once per week.
- Complete a 100-mile bike ride.
- Isaiah - Put away $300 in his savings account. (Jeff - Put away enough money to do #6.)
- Whitewater rafting in the Grand Canyon.
- Tag-team a sermon together on a Sunday morning.
I had a really cool day yesterday. I spent a little time with Isaiah setting some goals for us to accomplish together. I got this idea from Mark Batterson who did something similar with his son, Parker. The intent of this is for me to be intentional about shaping the kind of man I want Isaiah to become. Some of the goals are physical challenges and some of them are character-shaping challenges. We sat down and came up with 7 goals that we want to accomplish by the end of 2009. Some of them were my ideas and some were Isaiah's - but we both had to be excited about the goal and agree to them. We're both pretty excited about making these happen. Here they are.