- One book that changed your life: The Ragamuffin Gospel - Brennan Manning. This book helped me see (and feel) the size of God's grace like nothing else.
- One book you've read more than once: Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling. I've read them all 2 or 3 times. They give me great joy and pleasure.
- One book you'd want on a desert island: The Message - Eugene Peterson. This paraphrase is my day to day inspiration.
- One book that made you laugh: Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller. It's rare for a Christian to be that honest about his life and spiritual walk.
- One book that made you cry: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis. Actualy all the Narnia books. I cry every time Aslan shows up on the page.
- One book you wish had been written: Lighten Up! - Jesus Christ.
- One book you wish had never been written: The King James Version Bible. No other book has produced more confusion, bad sermons, and jerks in modern Christendom.
- One book you're currently reading: Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places - Eugene Peterson. Good devotional theology.
- One book you've been meaning to read: To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee. Love the movie.
Books, How I Love Thee!
I saw this on Scot McKnight's blog (author, commentator, theologian) and it got me to thinking, too. So here's my list. Let me know what your list looks like.