8.08.2006

Books, How I Love Thee!

I saw this on Scot McKnight's blog (author, commentator, theologian) and it got me to thinking, too. So here's my list. Let me know what your list looks like.
  1. One book that changed your life: The Ragamuffin Gospel - Brennan Manning. This book helped me see (and feel) the size of God's grace like nothing else.
  2. One book you've read more than once: Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling. I've read them all 2 or 3 times. They give me great joy and pleasure.
  3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Message - Eugene Peterson. This paraphrase is my day to day inspiration.
  4. One book that made you laugh: Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller. It's rare for a Christian to be that honest about his life and spiritual walk.
  5. One book that made you cry: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis. Actualy all the Narnia books. I cry every time Aslan shows up on the page.
  6. One book you wish had been written: Lighten Up! - Jesus Christ.
  7. One book you wish had never been written: The King James Version Bible. No other book has produced more confusion, bad sermons, and jerks in modern Christendom.
  8. One book you're currently reading: Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places - Eugene Peterson. Good devotional theology.
  9. One book you've been meaning to read: To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee. Love the movie.

No comments: