8.23.2006

Best Movie of the Ssssssssummer!

I saw Snakes on a Plane (SOAP) last night. It was a really great movie! Don't get me wrong - it's not going to win any Oscars or anything, but it's the most fun movie you'll have seen all summer (much better than that crap-fest Pirates 2). I laughed a lot, jumped several times, and felt like my skin was slithering the whole time!

I really love movies. I like artsy films. I like good action films. I like scary movies (especially zombies). I like comedy, drama, pretty much everything. But my favorite kind of movies are the campy sci-fi/horror B-movies from the 50s and 60s! SOAP feels a little like that, but without the shoestring budget. Bottom-line: if you like to have fun when you see a movie, then go see this movie. But if you tend to take yourself and your movies way too seriously and believe movies need to be "logical" to be good, then stay home and enjoy PBS or the History Channel.

No comments: