8.14.2006

Back From Chi-town

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Last Wednesday ended my busy summer youth season as we finished up a great week of VBS. The next day the Myers family headed out on vacation to the Chicago area. We stayed in Joliet with my parents. Jamie and I got to have a night alone in Chicago on Friday night. It was great. We stayed in a hotel on Michigan Avenue. I won't tell you which one, but "guests of the Oprah show" stay there. That night we got tickets to see the Blue Man Group - FREAKIN' AWESOME! It was seriously one of the most incredible and fun shows I've ever seen. If you ever get the chance to see it, run - don't walk. Here's a pic.


I also got to eat at one of my favorite restaurants - Portillo's. They make the best hot dogs ever. Everyone needs to try a Portillo Dog someday. Mom brought the kids into Chicago to join us on Saturday. We had fun with them, too. We all went to the Field Museum, which is probably one the better museums in the world. The kids really enjoyed all the Egyptian, American Indian, and dinosaur exhibits. Here's some more pics: Isaiah with Sue (the world's most complete t-rex skeleton), Jamie looking very cosmopolitan downtown, and Mollie about to be devoured by a mean looking dino.

No comments: