When we tithe:
- our faith increases.
- we care more about the Kingdom, because we've invested in it.
- we are exercising a muscle that most of don't exercise enough -- generosity.
- we communicate to God that He is a priority in our lives.
- the Kingdom advances.
- the church can grow.
- missionaries can be sent.
- the hungry can be fed.
- the "least of these" of the world are served.
- GOD IS GLORIFIED!
Today I was sharing some of my life goals with my 11-yr-old son, Isaiah. I told him that one of my goals was to eventually become a reverse tither (give God 90% and live off of 10%). He got this shocked/scared look on his face and said, "Is that going to be just for you or does the whole family have to do that?" I didn't think Jamie would ever stop laughing. Gotta love the honesty!