7.25.2007

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Review


I'll try to review this book without giving anything away. I have been looking forward to reading this book since I read the first book back in 2000. And now that it has finally released and I've read it, I feel a little sad about it. I know it might sound cheesy, but Harry Potter came to me at a time in my life when I was going through a pretty serious depression. The books (the second one had just released at the time) gave me a bit of a bright spot in my life when I was having a hard time finding one. It's always been frustrating for me to watch some overly-conservative Christians attack the books, because I think they're brilliant and loads of fun to read. They sparked a love/obsession for chilren's books in me that lasted several years. Some of the best literature being written today is being written for a 10-12 year old audience. You should seriously check out Rowling's Potter books if you never have. They're great food for your inner child!

Deathly Hallows is far and away the best of the seven Potter books. Almost every other chapter has the excitement of the last couple of chapters of all the other books. It's intense, funny, sad, and a remarkable story. The ending was not a disappointment. It felt like it ended the way it should. In fact, the ending was so good, I've gone back and re-read the last chapter three times. I seriously don't have a negative criticism for this book. It was absolutely perfect. My only regret is that there will be no more Harry Potter books to look forward to. READ THIS BOOK (and the other six, too)!

No comments: