11.01.2006

The Reason

Last week in my small group, we talked about worship outside the walls of the church. It reminded me of a hymn I wrote after the summer of 2004. During family vacation and youth group outings, I ended up spending time on the beach, in the redwoods, in the mountains under the stars, rafting a raging river, hiking a river bed to a waterfall, and more. It's one of my favorite summers of my life. Each one of these experiences brought me into the presence of God. This hymn was my response.

The Reason

O burning stars in darkest night
Filling the void with silent praise
On ancient truths you cast your light
Revealing One Whose name we raise

O rolling surf and golden sand
Your song still echoes in my ears
Your waves were calmed by the same man
I pray tonight will calm my fears

Majestic trees with arms raised high
You point me to His throne again
On one like you my Savior died
To pay the price for all my sin

My spirit longs to feel Your hand
Your Word tells me I’m not alone
One day I’ll leave this foreign land
And praise Your name in my true home

REFRAIN:

Hallelujah, hallelujah, o hallelujah
It’s the reason you created me
Hallelujah, hallelujah, o hallelujah
It’s the reason you created me

No comments: