I'm in Santa Rosa, NM right now. This has been a crazy moving experience so far (to say the least). Let me break it down day by day.
- On our truck-loading day, a massive ice storm rolled in. Struggled to keep ice off the loading ramp.
- After truck was loaded, got it stuck in my front lawn. It took two guys with 4WD pick-ups and chains to pull it out.
THURSDAY'S SILVER LININGS
- Our incredible friends who helped us so much packing and pulling the truck out of the ice/mud.
- A complimentary "good-bye" steak dinner at our favorite Lebanon restaurant. It was heaven after a very long day.
- We went back to the house to do a little last-minute cleaning. I learned that Jamie had accidentally packed the charger to my MP3 player and it was somewhere on the truck. I was VERY upset.
- I opened the front passenger door to our crappy van and the inside door molding completely broke off. Jamie was VERY upset.
- We finally get going down the road and stop 20 minutes later for lunch. After lunch, the moving truck won't start. Had to wait an hour for roadside assistance to show up. It was an easy fix, though.
FRIDAY'S SILVER LININGS
- Jamie's dad, Ken, found a new door molding for us and had it waiting at the house when we showed up in Mustang, OK.
- Seeing family one more time before heading west.
- Jamie's van broke down west of Amarillo, TX. Overheated due to probable transmission issues.
- We pulled my beater car off the trailer and put Jamie's van on the trailer by pushing it with my beater car. Both vehicles received dings, dents, scratches, etc...
SATURDAY'S SILVER LININGS
- We really didn't lose our temper that much.
- We checked into a hotel and after Jamie told the clerk about our "adventures", she upgraded us to an AMAZING suite! Very posh.
Despite everything, God is good and we're all safe. Keep praying for us!!!!!!!!!!!