2.17.2007

True Church

This video is a spotlight of a church in Minneapolis called Solomon's Porch. When I watch this I am almost broken-hearted that I am not a part of a church like this. My heart is constantly crying out for this sort of thing. I want to be a part of a community of believers (and even non-believers) where people are free to be totally themselves, where they are not afraid to wrestle openly with their faith, and people are not accepted in spite of their differences but because of their differences. I'm not saying I agree with everyone at this church, but to me that's part of it's beauty. Rather than kicking people to the curb or devaluing them because their faith is immature or off-kilter, this church gives them a voice and helps them work out their faith. God, please some day deliver me to lead this kind of movement!


No comments: