2.21.2007

Facing the Giants

I showed the movie Facing the Giants to my teens tonight. I wasn't expecting to like it very much. I'm pretty critical of movies and wasn't convinced that a local church could put out anything that I would ultimately enjoy very much.

I WAS VERY WRONG!

This is truly a great movie. No, the acting won't win any Oscars, but it wasn't horrible. The movie was shot beautifully. The story was moving and inspiring. But the biggest thing was this...everyone of my teens actually sat through the entire thing and didn't budge. They were totally into it! I've had many youth group movie nights in the past and with multiple groups. I don't believe I've ever had one that actually kept the kids' attention. Usually half the group gets up and does something else or they're chatting with each other and distracting everyone else. Anyway, if you're a youth pastor...show this film. Your kids will love it. And it has an incredible message.

No comments: