12.30.2006

Blogging for the Next Few Weeks

My blogging may become rather sparse for the next couple of weeks. There are a few reasons for this.

1) I have a New Year's Eve Lock-in for teens tomorrow night. I pretty much hate lock-ins (even when I was a teen), but all the other youth pastors of Lebanon seemed to think this would be a good idea. I didn't want to be the only jerk who said, "No way!" So I'll be staying up all night Sunday night, recover Monday, and then...

2) On Tuesday, I will be departing on an 8-day mission trip to Panama. I am going with a group of other Free Will Baptist pastors here in Missouri. We will be attending and teaching at the Panamanian National Association of Free Will Baptist Churches. I've been given the task of teaching the teens at the convention the topic of Knowing and Responding to God's Call on Your Life. No pressure or anything. We will also be traveling around the country and visiting churches, assessing needs, and planning our church-wide trip back to Panama next summer. I'll return the following Tuesday. Recover Wednesday and Thursday and then...

3) On Thursday night, we'll drive to St. Louis so we can fly to the San Francisco Bay Area on Friday morning. One of my buddies out there is getting married, so we're going for the wedding and visiting all of our long-lost CA friends. I'll also be preaching at the Bay Hills Community Church in El Sobrante that Sunday. We'll return to MO that next Tuesday.

I believe that puts me back on a normal schedule sometime in 2009. I'll blog when I can and hopefully share some great pics of our trips.

No comments: