12.18.2007

Online Personality Test

I saw this test on marko's blog. It's a shorter version of the Myers-Briggs test. Looks like I'm an INTP.

Click to view my Personality Profile page

"INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.
INTPs contribute a logical, system-building approach to their work. They like being the architect of a plan, because of the scheming and thinking involved, far more than being the implementer of that plan. Implementation tends to be drudgery. They are content to sit back and think about what might work, given their view of the situation. INTPs may ignore standard operating procedures. The hours that they spend are not what is important to them, but rather the completion of their thought process."

I'm always amazed at how closely these things can peg you. I think I'm probably a little more extraverted than this would indicate, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an INTP. I took the actual 150 something question paper Meyers-Briggs test about 2 1/2 years ago now. I've also done a little bit of reading about the test as these things do fascinate me. There are sometimes when I think I'm pretty outgoing too. But extraverted does not mean outgoing.
Our main gift is thinking (as opposed to feeling). Well, you combine your introverted nature with whatever your main gift is. So our main gift of thinking is expressed as the introverted side of us. We don't think out loud. We think on the inside. So if we use intuition on the inside (introversion), then we use our intuition on the outside (extroversion).

So yeah we're introverted with our main gift of thinking, but that doesn't mean we aren't outgoing at times. it just means we're using our secondary gift with extroversion.

I had the same question you did when I first took the test. Then I read "Do What You Are." A job prediction personality book thing. I read it in 3 hours.

Sorry for the long post, but like I said, this stuff fascinates me.

Btw, we're rare! The lady that gave me the test said that INTPs make up 1% of the US population.

Katy said...

according to the "test" you have posted, i'm an ENFJ, but most of the time, when i take other versions i come up as an ENFP. either way, there are roughly 3-5% of people with my personality type. im an "champion idealist" hm.