3.05.2007

Monday is for Sabbath

Well, after reading the Peterson book I reviewed earlier, I've decided to take the Sabbath principle more seriously in my own life. Since my "day off" is Monday, this is when I will try to observe my Sabbath whenever possible. Today was great! I spent some quality time with God, praying and reading. I hung out with some friends, practiced a little guitar, played some basketball, and squeezed in a little family time. It was a truly refreshing day. In my prayer-time God really spoke to me about getting back into the habit of doing family devotions with Jamie and the kids. So I guess I'll start that back up too. That's the annoying thing about actually listening to God - He's always got stuff for you to do!

1 comment:

Jeff Myers said...

Yeah, I have been busy getting ready for Easter too. I'll get back on track after this weekend.