9.22.2006

Mr. Wonderful

We received a call last night from our former pastor in California that a friend of ours was killed early yesterday evening. Terry Vannoy was the husband of Linda, our Children's Pastor at Bay Hills Church in El Sobrante, CA. Terry was a great guy who always had a smile and a hug for you whether you knew you needed it or not. In three years of knowing Terry, I only recall seeing him mildly upset once and that was in defense of Linda. I don't know when I've ever seen a couple more in love than Terry and Linda. He loved riding his Harley and was on his way to a motorcycle rally in Reno, NV last night when his bike was clipped by a pickup. He was thrown from his bike and ran over by a semi. Terry will be missed by my family. My kids knew him only as "Mr. Wonderful", because that's always what they heard Linda call him. Please say a prayer for Linda Vannoy - I'm sure she'll need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sad. I'll remember her. I know that the kids really did like them.
Dorthy